How to install OSX on AliveXfire-eSata2 with AMD X2 3800+ and pcie ATI x1300 pro

boorok

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm not a total noob but unfortunately it seems not to work for me. I've read all the tutorials but it freezes after the restart at a certain point. (The last prompt is: "BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 2" and then it freezes) It's frustrating. :angel: I've searched a little bit on the net and here, but I couldn't find anything that would help me. You are my last hope!

OK my system is:

Mobo: AsRock AliveXFire-esata 2

GC: PCIe x16 Gigabyte ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

CPU: AMD X2 3800+ with SSE. SSE2 and SSE3 support

HDD: 320 GB External USB Harddrive (which is recognized during the installation without any drivers)

RAM: 3 GB Kingston Value RAM

I got the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

I know that it has something to do with the Drivers I install (after I choose the drive), I nearly tried every combination (I cant remember all of them). But can someone tell what exatly should I choose during the installation I mean sleepstep, SSE3 etc. you know what I mean! Which of the video drivers etc.

Please help me.

Thank you! :)

Boorok

PS: Sorry if I've made any mistakes. English is not my mother tongue! :P

OK. I have now successfully installed the system. I used Zephyroth 10.5.2 instead of Kalyway, then i installed the natitx1300 drivers for the Graphics card and AzaliaAudio.pkg for the the Audio Card. And now everything works fine.