Another build Mac Pro / Gaming PC

3 posts in this topic

hey guys, I'm complete newb in the forum (hi yall!), I've been reading here in for the past few weeks about the builds and and the whole Osx86 project, is quite exciting and interesting, I'm graphic designer so this mac is a must must for me. Now I know there has been tons of post like this here so I apologize but since I'm a newb and I'm spending my savings on this I wanna have all the help I can. This is the build got it all from newegg and checked with the list on compatibilityand and everything is supposed to be is OOB (this is mainly where I need help, I wanna prevent making a stupid mistake cuz I really can't afford it, I need everything to work without too much hassle) :

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

Mobo : GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4

Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (2x = 8GB)

Video : EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB

HD : Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA

PSU : OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W

Case : Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

Thanks in advance for the assistance!.

I can vouch for the EVGA 9800gtx+ - Got it working great in my OS X / Vista dual boot gaming machine. The best method to make sure it works perfectly is from Aquamac (Who neither wears an orange shirt nor speaks to the fishes...wierd) here -> HERE

I really like having MacDrive 7 installed on my dual boot machine. It lets me browse my Mac drive from Vista easily.

I am not sure if that board is working with Boot-132, but if it is - USE IT. It allows for seamless upgrades and is extreamly easy to dual boot. If not then Chameleon EFI is your friend!

Good luck with the build - this is a great forum and people are always willing to help out.

M

Thx MjP99, I spent all night looking around making sure of everything will be ok, I'm having so doubts about the CPU I think I just might go for Q6600 although I want it to take advantage of the 45mn and the mobo still I haven't found a decent review that will tell me that it will work, if anybody can assist it will be awesome.