Never ending kernel panic

exido

7 posts in this topic

So i installed ideneb v1.1 Install went great. But when i try to boot i get a kernel panic. Ive runed the diagnostics and this is what i looks like. look my pc specs are

Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC (Mobile)

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)

Motherboard Name Dell Inspiron 530

Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake G33

BIOS Type Award (12/15/07)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForc

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC888/S/T @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controllere 9600 GT

Network Adapter Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection (192.)

in installation i used this list

Select this:

-ALC888 under audio,

-ICHx fix under Chipset

-If you tried 9.4.0 vanilla under Kernel, choose mobilin 9.4.0...

-under ethernet ( i selected intell100 pro or something like that.)

-choose ACPI-Fix,

-select Remove Firewire

-select ApplePS2 Controller

-select IOUSBFamily fix

-Under AppleSMBIOS choose the speed of your ram (800MHz, 667, etc)

-Under video, choose nVidia Inject 0.2.1 512 MB also i selected X11

So can someone help me with this problem?

I think there's more than one thing in your configuration that could be the cause for kernel panic:

1. Unsupported graphics card. As far as I know - currently - there is no driver for the 9600GT video card.

2. Unsupported mainboard (BIOS). Look for other threads in this forum for possible fixes, i.e. BIOS updates (Kabyl's modded BIOS files: http://osrom.net/biosmod ), or you can try loading the system with the cpus=1 flag.

Hope this helped.

I think there's more than one thing in your configuration that could be the cause for kernel panic:

1. Unsupported graphics card. As far as I know - currently - there is no driver for the 9600GT video card.

2. Unsupported mainboard (BIOS). Look for other threads in this forum for possible fixes, i.e. BIOS updates (Kabyl's modded BIOS files: http://osrom.net/biosmod ), or you can try loading the system with the cpus=1 flag.

Hope this helped.

i forgot to mention that im duallboting with vista. But the diagnostics get stuck at ethernet how this is a graphics card and a bios problem :D:) anyway thanks for some tips. still waiting for more :)

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that your GUI is not coming up because of the lack of graphics driver support for the 9600GT in OS X.

The last few lines you see on screen complaining about some network issues has nothing to do with the kernel panic.

Just my 2 cents.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that your GUI is not coming up because of the lack of graphics driver support for the 9600GT in OS X.

The last few lines you see on screen complaining about some network issues has nothing to do with the kernel panic.

Just my 2 cents.

So this is becouse of the graphics card. :) Maybe someone has other opinions. :) Theres no distribution which supports 9600 card?

maybe leo4all can work?

Unlikely. The only difference between the several distributions of "hackintosh" DVD-s may be the choice of "drivers" or some other methods to breathe life into your graphics card. This can be achieved through "drivers" (or kernel extensions): this is how nvinject, nvkush, natit, titan, etc... works. The other way is to use a special string of characters buried inside the com.apple.Boot.plist file that is read out during boot (sometimes referred to as EFI graphics string).

Nevertheless, none of the above will help you until Apple decides to officially support the 9600GT.