Install on Sony Vaio PCG-V505DC2P?

McWin

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, thanks in advance for reading this. I want to install OSX on my old Sony Vaio laptop. The hardware details are shown in the CPUZ screenshots as follows:

cpu1gv3.png

cpu2gh8.png

cpu3dg8.png

cc.png

Additional details:

80GB HDD, 512MB DDR SDRAM (total), 802.11g Atheros chipset. CDRW+DVDROM drive. If you need additional info, please ask.

So, my questions are:

1. Would it be possible to install OSX on this old laptop?

2. If yes, how exactly do I go about it? Which 'distro' or version should I use?

Please help! :huh:

Bump.

Please guys, just get me started on this and I will only bother you if I run into severe problems.

Unfortunately CPU-Z does not display enough informations. We need to know what processor you have. This point is more than important, in fact if your processor supports SSE2 and SSE3, probably you will be able to run OS-X on your old Vaio.

Regards,

Maurizio

Hi Maury, thanks for replying! The Pentium 4 M processor in my laptop supports up to SSE2 as shown in the first CPU-Z screenshot. What other information do you need? Please let me know and I will provide it here. Thanks again for replyin! ;)

-McWin

Hi Maury, thanks for replying! The Pentium 4 M processor in my laptop supports up to SSE2 as shown in the first CPU-Z screenshot. What other information do you need? Please let me know and I will provide it here. Thanks again for replyin! :stretcher:

-McWin

Ups, forgive me :wallbash:, I didn't see it! Anyway, with a pentium you could be able to run Tiger. I suggest you to search on google if someone before you have tried to install OSX on your desktop model. If yes, read and learn by other experience, otherwise you have to put your finger crossed and see.

You can try different version, personally I like JaS, but there are many others.

Regards,

Maurizio

P.S. try more then a "distro", because sometimes one could work for me but not for you and so on.

Thanks again for the reply. So I will not be able to install Leopard on this?

Also, I googled for OSx on old Vaio laptops, but this is the most comprehensive forum of all on the subject, so... Google wasn't any help :stretcher:

Thanks again for the reply. So I will not be able to install Leopard on this?

Also, I googled for OSx on old Vaio laptops, but this is the most comprehensive forum of all on the subject, so... Google wasn't any help :wallbash: