USB Harddrive fails to mount after I install using MBR but it worked in GUID. Strange!

fatbacktaffy

1 post in this topic

I don't understand why it's not mounting. I used this harddrive for timemachine and reinstalled kalyway 10.5.2 but with an MBR instead of GUID then restored my timemachine backup from the external USB but it won't mount in osx now or show up in disk utility.

I have no idea what's wrong or how to solve it. The only reason I changed to MBR because I was reading a guide in the forums where the person stated partition using MBR instead of GUID if I want a less problematic peaceful OS. So I took that advice because I will run out of fingers if I count how many times I got the broken folder image at boot and had to reinstall or restore the os from a backup. I want to see how osx86 will run in MBR but I need my usb harddrive to mount so I can continue to use time machine.

I purchased logic studio 8 and I am totally inlove with it and the way I see very little or no activity in the cpu usage meter. Even with like 30+ tracks full of dynamic processors and virtual instruments loaded. Someone offered me PPC G5 2.0Ghz for my pc and £100 on top. Was about to do it but when I saw the ppc's don't use ddr2 ram that put me off. I might aswell get this as stable as I can and use it until I can purchase a mac pro.

Thanks in advance for help given.

Asus striker extreme

IDE Harddrive for osx, 3 satas for music / audio files / XP

PNY Nvidia GeForce 8500GT Silent

Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe overclocked to 3.0Ghz

2 x 1GB Ram

Kalyway 10.5.2