Can someone please help me, trying to install Kalaway_osx

skypete

4 posts in this topic

when it goes to the installation screen i would try to partition the my hardrive it would give a error code input/output error. my system is a (ASUS STRIKER EXTREME MOTHER BOARD, INTEL Q6600,NVIDAT 8800GTS VIDEO CARD,SEGATE BARRACUDA HARD DRIVE.I am using kalaway 10.5.1 it seems to be the only version that works on my system can someone please help me. maybe the way my hardrive is partition it is setup as a NTFS drive.

when it goes to the installation screen i would try to partition the my hardrive it would give a error code input/output error. my system is a (ASUS STRIKER EXTREME MOTHER BOARD, INTEL Q6600,NVIDAT 8800GTS VIDEO CARD,SEGATE BARRACUDA HARD DRIVE.I am using kalaway 10.5.1 it seems to be the only version that works on my system can someone please help me. maybe the way my hardrive is partition it is setup as a NTFS drive.

First you need to check your BIOS settings......if all your HDD volumes have been formatted as NTFS you need to format the target OS X volume as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) using Disk Utility running with the Kalyway OS X installer......see my blog entry for installing Kalyway 10.5.2 it has BIOS parameters which should be similar to your BIOS parameters........ :)

can u link me the page thanks verdant.

also it wont let me format any of my harddrives. it is very weird it detects them but wont let me install.

Just click on Blogs in Insanely Mac Menu bar......my blog is called Tribooting...... :)