Dell Laptop- XP and Kalyway 10.5.2

1 post in this topic

I am new here and somewhat new to the hackintosh scene, I have tried it on an older systems but have given up.

I recently bought a Dell Latitude XT tablet and cannot install Kalyway correctly. I sectioned my HD for 30GB for OSX and bout 45GB for XP. I booted into Kalyway no sweat off of an external DVD drive by USB, but it did not identify my HD in Disk Utility. I use a mac and know some advanced functions so im not left in the dark with the disk utility, but I couldn't get my laptop to recognise my HD. I then tried to use a flashdrive for the installation to try to use OSX and maybe see my HD and copy over the system files, but the installation had a problem. When it compleated, 4 hours later cuz no USB 3.0 yet, I restarted my machine and it would not boot into OSX, it simply showed what you see when you boot to kalyway (press f8 for more options...). I disconnected my USB DVD drive to make sure it wasn't booting off of that and for sure, my Dell was booting to my Flashdrive. I was wondering what went wrong that made it not see my HD, do you know? I saw another thread much like this but leading nowhere. I was thinking that I was using the incorrect distro of hackintosh? Any help is appreciated except when someone tells me just use OSX on my macbook pro. Thank you all!!!