several questions

ryuu.nami

6 posts in this topic

hi guys new to mac os x.

i installed kalway 10.5.2 on my asus f8sv and updated to 10.5.5 using mysterious C*'s method. And i am experiencing some

annoyed problems that i hope someone could help me to cope with.

1)the system time is out of sychonization with my time zone I'm in GST+8 beijing district. The system always displays the wrong time nomatter how i set it.

2) beforet the upgrate, i could view my battery status in the top bar( i don't really know how call it. In windows, it's called task bar), but after i updated it to 10.5.5 there is no more the battery icon on the bar. How could i restore it?

3) goolgle earth seems to get stuck when i zoom to a city level. anybody has the same problems with me?

Thansk in advance!

bradley

hi guys new to mac os x.

i installed kalway 10.5.2 on my asus f8sv and updated to 10.5.5 using mysterious C*'s method. And i am experiencing some

annoyed problems that i hope someone could help me to cope with.

1)the system time is out of sychonization with my time zone I'm in GST+8 beijing district. The system always displays the wrong time nomatter how i set it.

Are you dual booting with another OS.......if so check out my blog entry on BIOS versus Desktop Clock time....

2) beforet the upgrate, i could view my battery status in the top bar( i don't really know how call it. In windows, it's called task bar), but after i updated it to 10.5.5 there is no more the battery icon on the bar. How could i restore it?

Mysticus C* 10.5.5 upadter package backups all your kexts in a backup folder......use Kext Helper b7 or OSx86Tools to reinstall the Battery kext (which I think should be there).....

3) goolgle earth seems to get stuck when i zoom to a city level. anybody has the same problems with me?

Cannot answer this one......not running Google earth on OSx86.......

Thansk in advance!

bradley

Thanks for your replly! I've got time problem corrected. However, the power meter still dones't show up.

Would you please give me instructions as to how to get it fixed. I used kext helper b7 to restore appleSmartBattery.kext, but it didn't seem to work. Have you updated your mac to 10.5.5? By the way how to change mac's root password?

I typed "su" in a terminal and inputed password i used to install the system. But it gave a "su sorry".

Thanks for your replly! I've got time problem corrected. However, the power meter still dones't show up.

Would you please give me instructions as to how to get it fixed. I used kext helper b7 to restore appleSmartBattery.kext, but it didn't seem to work. Have you updated your mac to 10.5.5? By the way how to change mac's root password?

I typed "su" in a terminal and inputed password i used to install the system. But it gave a "su sorry".

I do not have a laptop running OSx86 so cannot tell you what other kexts may be missing....

Yes I did successfully update my desktop to 10.5.5, using the Mysticus C* 10.5.5 Combo Update package.

Re root password

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear (I had to boot -s twice and press Enter after the static cursor appeared to get the prompt; you may not need to), type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

6. Reboot from HDD with "-v -f" and the OS X Login screen is presented; enter "root" as Name and for Password, the root password chosen previously, and the system logs you in as System Administrator.

hi, verdant.

I've established the root account and loged in successfullly.

Thanks!

I sitll got two questions that i can't deal with myself.

I need your help.

Actually, I triple boot my computer with vista boot loader(vista32 ubuntu32 and mac). When i boot my mac, it always give messages list below:

loading darwinx86

errors encountered while starting up computer

I still can boot up the system but it's annoying to have this message displayed.

Does your mac give you this message? Do you have any clues as for how it can be eliminated.

the other problem is encounterd when i change the root password in single user mode.

when ":/ root#" appeared, it gaveme this:"/qERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure".

When I ran passwd, it gave a error message, that is, "passed[16:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35".

What are all these two message all about? How i can eradicate them.

By the way, do you know some guru out there in the forum who can give me some advices on the Power meter problem.

I really appreciate your help!

Bradley