AMD information

mercurysquad

8 posts in this topic

One line answer: AMD cool'n'quiet and is not available yet, but will be implemented soon.

In the poll thread from my sig, I saw a lot of people were willing to contribute for this feature, so I'm going to put this as a pilot before I work on more complicated projects. Details to follow. Let me know your thoughts here.

• 4 weeks later...

Auto-throttle is coming very soon! I've got it working on my computer, should work on most. But have to test and make sure it works well on multi-core CPUs.

Version 1.5.0 will have quite a few other improvements like auto-create custom P-State list for systems with broken ACPI, and ability to tune the target CPU load (maybe temperature).

The auto-throttle, btw, has NO gui or anything. It quietly does its job without any user configuration or intervention, as it should. You can turn it on/off if you want, and set target cpu load.

Auto-throttle is coming very soon! I've got it working on my computer, should work on most. But have to test and make sure it works well on multi-core CPUs.

Version 1.5.0 will have quite a few other improvements like auto-create custom P-State list for systems with broken ACPI, and ability to tune the target CPU load (maybe temperature).

The auto-throttle, btw, has NO gui or anything. It quietly does its job without any user configuration or intervention, as it should. You can turn it on/off if you want, and set target cpu load.

That would be great :)

If you want i could test it on C2D on my machine if you don't own one...

thats sounds awesome. have been waiting for a long time for AMD throttling on my laptop. the tx1000 has broken ACPI and wont even boot on battery. if and when you're looking for testers i'm sure some of the guys over in the tx1000 thread will be willing to help out and i myself would be more than glad.

kind regards,

Marc