problems with OSx86 10.5.X install on Fujitsu u810

The village idiot

3 posts in this topic

I'm back to trying to get OSx86 running properly on my Fujitsu u810. I can get the Jas 10.4.8 to install and mostly work, but wireless (Atheros) won't work, audio though installed does not work, and the touchscreen has no calibration. So I've tried the Kalyway 10.5.1, Leo4all 10.5.2, and finally iAtkos v4i. All the 10.5.x go all the way to where you select the main install language, once you select the language it goes to the spinning beach ball of death. After an hour of waiting to see what well happen I gave up. I've burned the ISO's several times at several speeds, tried two different DVD drives for the install including a brand new SOny DRX-S70U which works great with the 10.4.8 disk.

Is there a switch or something I can use in the f8 options menu that might help?

The laptop is an Intel A110 processor, 1GB ram, PATA drive, Intel 82945gm chipset. Boots from USB optical and floppy, not from any USB connected hard drive/memory stick (probably a BIOS bug that Fuji won't fix). Atheros wifi+bluetooth (bluetooth is always found).

I've tried installing with the wifi on and off, seems to work better with the switch off with the 10.4.8 disk.

Any suggestions that I could try? Can't find a Jas 10.5.x disk to try, so that isn't a choice right now.

Hi,

im pretty much a noob but i have got leopard 10.5.2 to work, an important thing too take in mind forget nero and other fancy burning programs use imgburn free from google make sure you burn at 1x speed.

and also on my darwin boot i have too use verboose mode in the advanced options so press f8 and type -v

Hope it helps :censored2: