Help with either error or build?

shadowfire

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an evga 680i sli motherboard, 4gb ram(tried with 2), ati 4870x2 graphics card, e8500 cpu overclocked to 3.93 ghz stable 100%, an HT omega claro plus+ soundcard as well as ability to re-enable onboard graphics, an ide dvd drive and hard drive.

My bios:

I disabled both lans as someone told me to do, install won't succeed even if i re-enable them. Possibly might cause a diff. err or freeze.

I've tried {censored} loads of dfferent parameters on the install and cannot get it to install. I freeze with either an endless loop of 'mDNSResponder ........ device not configured' and 'CrashReporter ......... device not configured', or when I switch kernels, I manage to get to something where it says something about dssomething starting and it freezes forever.

I'm a forum noob here and if I can give anyone any more information, I will give it upon request and would be really thankful if you can help me.

At the same time, can someone give me a core 2 based build that is inexpensive but COMPLETELY compatible, as in if I don't update or screw with it, then it is 100% compatible? Thank you in advance.

Hello, I have an evga 680i sli motherboard, 4gb ram(tried with 2), ati 4870x2 graphics card, e8500 cpu overclocked to 3.93 ghz stable 100%, an HT omega claro plus+ soundcard as well as ability to re-enable onboard graphics, an ide dvd drive and hard drive.

My bios:

I disabled both lans as someone told me to do, install won't succeed even if i re-enable them. Possibly might cause a diff. err or freeze.

I've tried {censored} loads of dfferent parameters on the install and cannot get it to install. I freeze with either an endless loop of 'mDNSResponder ........ device not configured' and 'CrashReporter ......... device not configured', or when I switch kernels, I manage to get to something where it says something about dssomething starting and it freezes forever.

I'm a forum noob here and if I can give anyone any more information, I will give it upon request and would be really thankful if you can help me.

At the same time, can someone give me a core 2 based build that is inexpensive but COMPLETELY compatible, as in if I don't update or screw with it, then it is 100% compatible? Thank you in advance.

Hi what is the processor are you using.. amd or intel