No Sound on new IATKOS v4i installation

hactoshnewbie

1 post in this topic

I've just installed IATKOS v4.i on an pcChips P53G mobo running a SSE3 class Pentium D E2180 processor. All in all things have gone well. Issues are: Onboard LAN and Onboard Audio no good. Trouble is that this mobo had different versions and I don't know exactly what flavor of Onboard NIC and Sound I have. Sound is AC '97 variety or some version of RealTek 8168 I think.. both drivers exist on the the supplied Windows drivers CD. I'd like to get the audio working most of all as I've got wireless working with a generic Airport ready pci card. I saw a reference in the 10.5.1 HCL list in the sound cards section to a Creative brand external Xmod USB based device working out of the box "true plug and play" was the comment. According to Creative's product write up Just plug it into the usb port on a PC or Mac and wala.... My question is will such a device work in my situation where OSX Leopard 10.5.4 sees no audio device at all installed in the system or does some sort of audio hardware need to be seen by OSX in order for a device such as this to do its voodoo?