Assistance needed, booting.

link48010

3 posts in this topic

Arg, okay I've been following this guide for reference so far: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

I've finished burning and verifying the data on my burned DVD at 2.2 speed. I restarted just to see if the system would boot from the DVD, that alone is shaky, like sometimes it will, most times it won't. When it does I press F8 and type -v. It goes though it's spiel until it says

"Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sunday Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by Toh:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386"

at this point, all disk activity stops, the disk drive makes it's usual sound when it stops running and nothing happens at all. CTRL+ALT+DEL won't restart the com, I have to hold down the power button. Do I have to have my partition already created or what? I'm using a Compaq Presario C500 with a dual core 1.76 dual core with SSE3 and 2, one gig ram with an Intel Express 256 meg graphics chip, might I mention I'm using Vista but from what I read I can do everything in vista that I can in XP (Vista can make partitions on it's own) (from that you should be able to track down the exact model). I'm very angry that this isn't even trying to boot, I sat here for 10 :) ing hours for this iso to download.

IDK if it's relevent but in Linux this usually equals some bad mojo, Above it calls a "debugger called: <panic>" followed but a ton of stuff that makes absolutly no sense to me. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I also want to mention that I have several years of experience with windows, but I know jack about Mac OS X

Arg, okay I've been following this guide for reference so far: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

I've finished burning and verifying the data on my burned DVD at 2.2 speed. I restarted just to see if the system would boot from the DVD, that alone is shaky, like sometimes it will, most times it won't. When it does I press F8 and type -v. It goes though it's spiel until it says

"Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sunday Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by Toh:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386"

at this point, all disk activity stops, the disk drive makes it's usual sound when it stops running and nothing happens at all. CTRL+ALT+DEL won't restart the com, I have to hold down the power button. Do I have to have my partition already created or what? I'm using a Compaq Presario C500 with a dual core 1.76 dual core with SSE3 and 2, one gig ram with an Intel Express 256 meg graphics chip, might I mention I'm using Vista but from what I read I can do everything in vista that I can in XP (Vista can make partitions on it's own) (from that you should be able to track down the exact model). I'm very angry that this isn't even trying to boot, I sat here for 10 :censored2: ing hours for this iso to download.

IDK if it's relevent but in Linux this usually equals some bad mojo, Above it calls a "debugger called: <panic>" followed but a ton of stuff that makes absolutly no sense to me. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I also want to mention that I have several years of experience with windows, but I know jack about Mac OS X

Hi,

i use amd but the same things apply,you do need a plain fat32 partition, and use imgburn free from google and burn at 1x speed beleive me it worked a treat forget nero and all the other fancy burning software because i just got sam read and write error with them try what i said and see how you get on

Hope it helped

• 2 months later...