Install Failure

tractrpl

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm having problems getting Leopard to install. I'll show my system specs first, and then explain.

CPU: Intel E8400 3.0GHz Dual-Core 45nm

Mobo: XFX nForce 680i SLI

Memory: OCZ Dual Channel DDR2 4GB total

Graphics: 2 XFX GeForce 9800GTX 512MB each

Hard Drive: 250GB SATA Seagate

I've used both the Kalyway 10.5.1 and the iATKOS 4i LiveDVD (which took 12 hours each to download from the torrent). First of all, the Kalyway disk isn't even capable or formatting my hard drive, giving some excuse about being unable to unmount the drive, or saying there's an I/O error. I used Disk Utility to completely format the hard drive, and formatted it as a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and the name for it is "untitled". When I go to install, it asks to check the DVD for errors, which it finds none, and it starts the install.

In the customize screen, I checked iATKOS v4i Main System, Darwin Bootloader, nForce kernal 9.2.9 nForce Core EFI, NVinject 512MB driver, and SATA and nForce SATA drivers. Very soon after starting it (about 5% through the install), however, it tells me I need to restart the computer. It doesn't tell me it failed, it just says I need to restart the computer, but no image has been installed. Am I doing something wrong? Does it have some sort of issue with my SATA drive?