install from flash drive?

whosjk

5 posts in this topic

ok i have a 10.5.1 kalyway install disc that worked perfectly on my desktop install

i now have a brand new hp dv7 series laptop that gives me the cannot find root device circle with cross in it when i try to install from disc...

from the information that i've gathered here ... i cant install because of ide controllers...

what is my other option? can i copy the kalyway install disc over to my 8gb flash drive and install that way? do i have any options or is this beautiful new laptop going to have to suck because it'll only run vista?

thanks

I've installed Kalyway 10.5.2 onto my X38 desktop box from flash, because the DVD is a IDE drive. However, the method I used requires a working Mac; you restore the DVD image to the flash drive using the OS X disk utility. Note that my BIOS recognizes the flash drive as a hard drive; booting from it requires that the BIOS be set to boot from hard drive, and then that the Hard Drive Boot priority be set to the flash drive.

hey, maybe you could use ultraiso version 9.2 or newer to burn the installation image on the flash dsik.

in UltraISO choose bootable->write disk image. you should be able to see a dialog displayed. Then choose disk drive and image file and write method as usb-hdd+. Then write. Change your bios setting to make your laptop boot from flash disk.

It may work.

bradley