Realtek ALC268 With Choppy Audio, (Watch the youtube video)

Punkpenguin104

3 posts in this topic

I have audio working, but its very very choppy. If i were to click on any window on the screen and move it around continuously, my audio plays perfectly. As soon as i stop moving the window around i get choppy audio again. Please watch my youtube video to get a better idea of what im talking about

I have tried cpus=1, changing the audio frequency from the audio midi setup to 44100.0Hz, to 48000.0Hz, and to 96000.0Hz, booting with flags -x, -f, -v.

nothing made any effect except for booting into safe mode which makes the issue slightly better but is still very choppy unless i move the windows around.

Anyone know whats causing this here? If so, you'll become my new best friend if you can find me the fix. ;)

System Specs:

Toshiba A215-S7422

3GB Ram

1.8GHz Dual Core Processor Amd

Install Method Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel & Amd DVD

Ati Radeon xPress X1200

Realtek ALC268 (used this driver http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/ind...hp/t96434.html)

[Note]

I was installing office 2008 last night and while it was installing i was able to hear perfect audio. Once installation completed, the audio was choppy again. Seems to me that its something relating to processor usage. The more i use the processor, the less choppy the audio becomes. very very strange.

• 8 months later...