Start Wizard Looping

TheHunterBR

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, how are you?

I'm new with "hackintosh" :)

So... I'm trying to install Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 Leo4all v3 on my notebook...

I'm in troubles :unsure:

I'm installed on note... boot appears normal, mac starts with a video, saying "Welcome, Bem-vindo, Benvenuti, ... ... ..." After this, starts a wizard asking me my region, keyboard language and if I want to import files of another mac, internet, other partition or import nothing... Well, I have nothing to import... so, I've selected "Do not import files" (something like this, i dont remember now). When I choose this and hit the next button...

ROLLBACK! The video with welcomes and the wizard starts again!

I dont know what to do... I tried so many things, like create a user in safe mode, change the kernel (with reinstall), without lan and sound drivers.... All the things what i tried doesnt work!

HELP! ;)

Ps.: My configurations:

PROCESSOR:

Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2333 MHz (11 x 212)

Alias da CPU: Merom

CPU Stepping: G0

cache code L1: 32 KB per core

cache files L1: 32 KB per core

Cache L2: 4 MB

MOTHERBOARD:

Chipset: Intel Crestline-GM GM965

Motherboard ID (Quanta): TW3 42146701

Motherboard name: Intel Corporation SANTA ROSA CRB

PRINCIPAL BUS:

Bus Type: Intel AGTL+

Bus Size: 64 bits

Real Clock: 212 MHz (QDR)

Efetive Clock: 848 MHz

Banda: 6787 Mb/s

BUS MEMORY:

Bus Type: DDR2 SDRAM

DRAM:Proporção FSB -> 10:6

Real Clock: 353 MHz (DDR)

Efetive Clock: 707 MHz

Banda: 5656 Mb/s

Sound: Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M

LAN (RJ45): Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Adapter

Video (Onboard): Intel GMA X3100

Monitor: Chunghwa CLAA141WB05A [14.1" LCD]

HD: WDC WD1200BEVS-26RST0 (111 GB, IDE)

CD/DVD: MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM UJ-850S (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/16x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

IEEE 1394 (Fireware): Texas Instruments OHCI Compilant IEEE 1394

Cardreader: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

Hi guys, how are you?

I'm new with "hackintosh" :P

So... I'm trying to install Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 Leo4all v3 on my notebook...

I'm in troubles :P

I'm installed on note... boot appears normal, mac starts with a video, saying "Welcome, Bem-vindo, Benvenuti, ... ... ..." After this, starts a wizard asking me my region, keyboard language and if I want to import files of another mac, internet, other partition or import nothing... Well, I have nothing to import... so, I've selected "Do not import files" (something like this, i dont remember now). When I choose this and hit the next button...

ROLLBACK! The video with welcomes and the wizard starts again!

I dont know what to do... I tried so many things, like create a user in safe mode, change the kernel (with reinstall), without lan and sound drivers.... All the things what i tried doesnt work!

HELP! :(

Ps.: My configurations:

PROCESSOR:

Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2333 MHz (11 x 212)

Alias da CPU: Merom

CPU Stepping: G0

cache code L1: 32 KB per core

cache files L1: 32 KB per core

Cache L2: 4 MB

MOTHERBOARD:

Chipset: Intel Crestline-GM GM965

Motherboard ID (Quanta): TW3 42146701

Motherboard name: Intel Corporation SANTA ROSA CRB

PRINCIPAL BUS:

Bus Type: Intel AGTL+

Real Clock: 212 MHz (QDR)

Efetive Clock: 848 MHz

Banda: 6787 Mb/s

BUS MEMORY:

Bus Type: DDR2 SDRAM

DRAM:Proporção FSB -> 10:6

Real Clock: 353 MHz (DDR)

Efetive Clock: 707 MHz

Banda: 5656 Mb/s

Sound: Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M

LAN (RJ45): Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Adapter

Video (Onboard): Intel GMA X3100

Monitor: Chunghwa CLAA141WB05A [14.1" LCD]

HD: WDC WD1200BEVS-26RST0 (111 GB, IDE)

CD/DVD: MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM UJ-850S (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/16x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

IEEE 1394 (Fireware): Texas Instruments OHCI Compilant IEEE 1394

Cardreader: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear (I had to boot -s twice and press Enter after the static cursor appeared to get the prompt; you may not need to), type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

Reboot from HDD with "-v -f" and the OS X Login screen is presented; enter "root" as Name and for Password, the root password chosen previously, and the system logs you in as System Administrator.

Thanks man!!! Worked!!!

Now i have to install wireless, lan, sound and webcam!

I have 3 partitions (1 for mac, 1 for my files and another one for windows)

Can i install windows in the other partition without problems? Windows booter will reconize mac in the other partition and will show a boot chooser?

Thanks man!!! Worked!!!

Now i have to install wireless, lan, sound and webcam!

I have 3 partitions (1 for mac, 1 for my files and another one for windows)

Can i install windows in the other partition without problems? Windows booter will reconize mac in the other partition and will show a boot chooser?

Which version of Windows are you using....?

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium!

Try EasyBCD 1.7.2 and see here......

For dual-booting Vista and OS X Leopard, I suggest you try Procedure A and if this does not work for you, then try Procedure B........

Procedure A - If you are one of the 90% of people/systems EasyBCD will work for:

Assuming you still have a bootable OS X installation.....you now need to set up EasyBCD 1.7.2 in Vista.....See http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Mac+OS+X and do the following and report what happens....

Stage A.

1. Run EasyBCD, and navigate to the "Add/Remove Entries" button and click.
  2. In the "Add an Entry" window, Select the "Mac OS X" tab from the tabs at the top of the window.
  3. Click on "Type" box and in the drop-down list, select "Generic x86 Hardware"
  4. If you wish to change the name from the default "NST Mac OS X," to say "iATKOS Leopard" or whatever name you choose, then do so now.
  5. Click on "Add Entry".

Stage B.

1. Navigate to the "Advanced Options" button and click.

2. Under Advanced Options: select Run in SOS mode and click "Apply Settings" button.

3. Close EasyBCD 1.7.2 window.

Now reboot your PC, and select "iATKOS Leopard" (or whatever name you chose) from the Vista bootloader.

OS X should begin to boot immediately.

What if:

The screen turns black and a few seconds later I'm at the Vista boot menu once again.

Press F8 once during the black-screen period. The Mac OS X menu should pop-up and give you the option of booting into OS X.

I get a "HFS+ Partition Error" when I select OS X from the Vista bootloader... HELP!

Within the Diagnostics Center select the "Repair OS X HFS+ Partition Error" repair button, and hit the Attempt Recovery button, select your OS X drive and partition numbers from the list (drives start counting from 0, partitions start at 1), i.e. Drive 0 Partition 2, then press OK.

Procedure B - If you are NOT one of the 90% of people/systems EasyBCD will work for:

Try the procedure outlined here using tboot.....