10.5.5 Kalyway Doesn't Wake Up (Sleep Issue)

zeamp

2 posts in this topic

The update to 10.5.5 from 10.5.4 went smooth, however running on the vanilla 9.5.0 kernel, my laptop is unable to wake up from sleep (S3/Hibernation). Display sleeps just fine, however when you try to wake it up from a deep sleep, it acts like it's cranking back up, however the screen remains black until you reboot. No combination of sleep tricks, hot corners, etc. gets it going again.

Previously, IIRC, the Modbin 9.4.0 kernel fixed this identical sleep issue with 10.5.4 Kalyway. Does anyone know another fix, or a time frame when we'll see Modbin 9.5.0 for 10.5.5?

Thanks in advance!

• 11 months later...
The update to 10.5.5 from 10.5.4 went smooth, however running on the vanilla 9.5.0 kernel, my laptop is unable to wake up from sleep (S3/Hibernation). Display sleeps just fine, however when you try to wake it up from a deep sleep, it acts like it's cranking back up, however the screen remains black until you reboot. No combination of sleep tricks, hot corners, etc. gets it going again.

Previously, IIRC, the Modbin 9.4.0 kernel fixed this identical sleep issue with 10.5.4 Kalyway. Does anyone know another fix, or a time frame when we'll see Modbin 9.5.0 for 10.5.5?

Thanks in advance!

Hey I know this thread is really old but did you ever end up finding the solution for this? Same thing (display won't wake after sleep) happened to me on iDeneb 10.5.5. Just installed 10.5.8 and pista7's SleepEnabler.kext, and the same problem again. I also have the GMA X3100. Thanks.