What is chameleon EFI?

iSIKH

2 posts in this topic

Here is some information first! I went from Kalyway 10.5.2 vanilla kernel to 10.5.3 Kalyway combo update. Then I used apple's software update to go to 10.5.4 and then 10.5.5 yesterday. I have an intel DG965WH Motherboard. Will Chameleon fix my restart and sleep function to work because I need them to work if possible. What is Chameleon EFI exactly? Will it make my functions work or what?? All help is appreciated. In advance Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all Chameleon can't solve your problems, I assume.

Apple has attached a new technology when building their new intel macs, called EFI, which has *sort of* bios informations needed by OSX to run

This has built the wall that obstructs OSX to be installed on typical PCs, but it's been hacked

These hacks typically work with bootloaders which you will see when running any kind of hackintosh installation disc

However there are majorily 3 EFIs, pc-efi, chameleon, and efi-x(hardware type)

You can use either of them and core function is same, tweaking EFI information so that OSX will work with those

Restart and Sleep failure are usually known as related with ACPI compatibility but I can't give you a critical solution as I even can't let my OSX sleep ;)