Dual booting issue

bradL

4 posts in this topic

Ok I'm new to OSx project. I have a iDeneb dvd. I want to dual boot it with vista home. I popped the dvd in and it went all the way to the where do you want to install promt but nothin showed up. I figured osx can't read nfts so I deleted the partition and now the space is unallocated. How do I format the space so osx can read it and install itself to it? I'd very much like to stay in windows to format right. Also I've heard of people hjaving problem dual booting it and having to use the vista install dvd, what's that about because I didn't get a dvd when I got my laptop.

Can anyone help?

First, try the tutorials and see if there's anything in there that can help you. If you've already tried that and it was confusing or something, here's my take on it (if I understand you):

Now that you've deleted the partition, simply boot the OSX DVD and see what happens. I've always formatted the OSX partition from within the OSX installer using Disk Utility.

I'm looking at disk util now. It says "Select a disk, volume, or image". The only choices at the menu bar of the window are "Verify, New Image, and Convert". I really don't know whats goin on. I've never been able to find a tut I can use.