Display is blank after installation

Lucifersangel87

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've STFW on this one but having tried all the answers i could find, i'm a little stuck on this.

I've got a Sony Vaio laptop, model VGN-FE41Z, with which came Vista*cough*

I've installed JaS 10.4.8 on the laptop, and the screen works fine all the way through install, and through the grey boot-up screen. However, when the OS is loaded, there is no display on it.

Now, i've tried installing with just the Titan Nvidia drivers, and i've tried installing without display drivers. I've also tried using an external (tv-out) display in all permutations of driver installs.

I can't really see where the problem lies, and i have never used Mac OSX before (i'm trying it out on my laptop so that i can possibly switch to it for my uni coursework.)

Some friendly help/advice would be appreciated if you can spare the time.

Thanks,

Martin

ok, just a little update on this - i've managed to get the external VGA display working with the laptop. The OS is operational and i've managed to set it up and such.

However, this doesn't really help in the whole mobility issue. I can't really carry a laptop and monitor around with me to uni and so forth.

Any ideas how to get the integrated LCD display to work? is this a common problem?

Please bear in mind i have been a windows fanboy from birth, and now, 21 years later, i'm having to re-learn through mac.

Thanks,

Martin

• 1 month later...