Need help with LAN: Attansic Ethernet

Canard

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Usually running Linux but wanted to try some Mac on my computer, I decided to go with the Kalyway method to install a Hackintosh on my board. It was successful - keyboard okay, got a display working and audio playing fine - except for two problems. The first one is that I don't have any drivers yet for my 8500GT graphic card, thus not running the system with my screen's native resolution. But that's okay so far.

First thing I'd like to fix is my Ethernet not working, not being detected at all by the system. I'm using an Asus P5K motherbord with the following setup (lspci) :

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev b0)

I've read quite a lot of tutorials but did not manage to make this thing work ; did not find any appropriate kext either, and did not manage to patch an existing one either.

Any help would be much appreciated :(

• 5 months later...

I wish I could help but I am having the exact same problem.

The AttansicL1Ethernet.pkg that I have may work, but I cannot install correctly because it requires the 10.5.4 update, which I can't do because my system crashes every time I try.

I am using Kalyway 10.5.2 sleepkernel or vanillakernel (better results with sleep)

P5QL PRO ASUS motherboard

9500GT NVIDIA

Intel Core 2 Quad

Graphics work (not patched for native yet), sound works with fix, but no ethernet