Help with Atheros 2413 Wireless.

1 post in this topic

So I have the Lawless 10.5.4 install on my amd system. I downloaded the 10.4.5 update and extracted the IO80211Family.kext from that and put it into the Extentions folder. I did all the permissions right and everything. So I went into Network preferences and a new network interface showed up. It says AirPort. It's definately my Atheros card. (BTW it's a Belkin F5D7000 v5000 with an Atheros 2413A chipset. The device id and all that is already in the AirPortAtheros5424.kext) So I've been looking around for about 2 days and I thought it was time to just make a thread. My problem is that whatever I do, AirPort will not enable. I can go into Network Diagnostics and connect to my network, but it still says AirPort failed on the side of the window and it remains off. Please, tell me what I should do to get it to function as it should.

Here's my NetworkInterfaces.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Interfaces</key>
<array>
	<dict>
		<key>Active</key>
		<true/>
		<key>BSD Name</key>
		<string>en0</string>
		<key>IOBuiltin</key>
		<true/>
		<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
		<integer>6</integer>
		<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>IOMACAddress</key>
		<data>
		AFAEdOqn
		</data>
		<key>IOPathMatch</key>
		<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HUB0@4/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@6/Apple3Com3C90xB/IOEthernetInterface</string>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
		<string>Ethernet</string>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<key>Active</key>
		<true/>
		<key>BSD Name</key>
		<string>en1</string>
		<key>IOBuiltin</key>
		<true/>
		<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
		<integer>6</integer>
		<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>IOMACAddress</key>
		<data>
		ABFQb5qB
		</data>
		<key>IOPathMatch</key>
		<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HUB0@4/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@7/AirPort_Athr5424/AtherosInterface</string>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
		<string>IEEE80211</string>
	</dict>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>
plist>