Kalway 10.5.2 Installation Intel 965 Motherboard

TheCorleone

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. Considering how helpful everyone here is, I hope to get a solution ;)

I have an Intel 965 Motherboard which apparently has a JMicron controller. I am using an IDE DVD ROM. When I start the installation using the -v switch, it goes up till:

Extension com.apple.driver.applepciconfigurator has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style

There is an ASCII type white text block shown here, after which the computer turns off itself .

After this, when I turn on the computer, it complains of CPU Thermal overload.

What is the problem? I really wanna run Mac!

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. Considering how helpful everyone here is, I hope to get a solution :D

I have an Intel 965 Motherboard which apparently has a JMicron controller. I am using an IDE DVD ROM. When I start the installation using the -v switch, it goes up till:

Extension com.apple.driver.applepciconfigurator has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style

There is an ASCII type white text block shown here, after which the computer turns off itself .

After this, when I turn on the computer, it complains of CPU Thermal overload.

What is the problem? I really wanna run Mac!

What OS X Installer DVDs do you have......

You need the correct BIOS settings.......if you have the following or similar BIOS options....

Configure SATA as "AHCI" or Serial-ATA Configuration [Enabled]

JMicron SATA / PATA Controller [Disabled].....if JMicron present.....unless it works for you [Enabled].....but JMicron is known to cause problems for some....but JMicron patches for OS X Install DVDs are now appearing......

JMicron Controller Mode [AHCI]....if present.....

CPU Internal Thermal Control [Auto]

Limit CPUID MaxVal [Disabled]

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

See these threads for SATA / IDE / JMicron problems and solutions......

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88335

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95309

Thank you for your reply.

Kalyway_10.5.2

This is the version of the Installer DVD I have..

I have checked the settings, everything seems to be ok. Can you please suggest ?

What are your other system details? Motherboard model CPU RAM etc.......?

• 7 months later...