System Updates.

keyboardcowboy

2 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

So I am pretty new at all this but was able to get the Toh R2 dvd installed successfully onto my pc. I had to do a few work arounds to get my Yukon ethernet and HDAudio stuff working but all is good now. I also found the "mach_toh" kernal online that allows my system to boot properly. So my base install is good, my problem is with updating my system. I installed EFI off some guide I saw online. I thought that this meant I could simpley download apple updates and be fine. Silly me i ended up wrecking my install. Instead of trying to fix it i just reinstalled from scratch.

My question is how do I go about getting my install up to date?. I am not sure if this mach_toh kernal puts me to 10.5.1 or not, but idealy I would like to get to 10.5.3 (because I have found the tutorial to go from 10.5.3 to 10.5.5). The iPhone dev kit requires the most recent os software and that is the main reason why I installed os x.

So if anyone could inform me of any good tutorials on upgrading to a never version that would be great. And if you have any advice on what to do when you mess up your system due to and update that would also be appriciated.

Thanks

After looking around some more I found this article

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?aut...p;showentry=392

which is just like the new 10.5.3 to 10.5.5 article. After reading this I think i understand a little better what is going on but would be great if someone could confirm this.

After my os x install I got this mach_toh 9.1 kernel that i tell my machine to boot from. It that guide above it recomends using some hacked kernels, kalways 9.2 for example. So I am starting to think that having that 9.1 kernel is good, but am not sure if i should change for this 9.2 one, any suggestions?

Also, is it possible to update right now to 10.5.5 from my 10.5.0, or should I try to locate the 10.5.3 update first somehow and go with that, and then attemp to get to 10.5.5?

Once again any suggestions are appriciated.

Thanks