Max memory on a 13.3"

blackhavoc

7 posts in this topic

Ok I've found NO current information on this subject. I have a Black MacBook 4,1, purchased in early 08 around may or June. Will this book support 8gb of ram? I see sitting at New Egg 4X1gb chips... And I want NEED 2 of them!! I was going to upgrade to 4gb, but saw that these are coming down in price all of a sudden. I keep reading the Intel GM865 architecture will support 8+gb of ram, but some people say the MB is limited to 3.3? I don't know if this is true on the current gen MB's as the post was dated 6/07. Any info would rock guys TIA.

According to apple the macbook you have supports 4GB but often apples specs are lower that what the machine can actually use.

I think the only way to really find out if the machine will handle 8GB is to either try it or find someone else who has.

But no indication that they actually tested it so they are probablly just reprinting apples specs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine MB is 2.16Ghz bought early sep 07. Was advised on one website selling mac certified ram that max is 3.5GB though apple specs say 2GB max. Installed 4GB (2 x 2GB) last week. So far so good *cross fingers*. About this mac show 4GB installed ram. Ram chips used are normal 667mhz DDR2 SODIMM for PC. I saved quite a bit as price is half that of mac certified ram.

I had run apps like flash, PS concurrently and responses are not so sluggish like before (2GB).

I put 2x2Gb (4GB) 667mhz ddr2 sodimm modules (brand Kingston) in my 2,1ghz white Macbook. Works perfectly!

I think more ram cannot be addressed (and would make no big difference in performance).