Quartz Extreme not working on iATKOS and solved the AppleACPIPlatform.kext problem

gorq

1 post in this topic

hey,

i just upgrade my Kalyway 10.5.1 to iATKOS 10.5.4 installation went very well but than in first boot i got kernel panic caused by AppleACPIPlatform.kext (solution is not related to this kext) i saw it is a common problem on ASUS G1 and upward Lapies i solve this problem by login to windows partition and setting up macdrive and changing the IOPluginPlatformFamily.kext by the old one in Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD and repairing permissions. so i solved this problem and i was happy and logon to mac. Than i installed NVinject ok it wents good than i tried to set up Logic but uppsss...

I got this error:

• Logic Studio Installer recommends that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card.

• Logic Studio Installer recommends that your system have 64 MB of VRAM; this system has only 0 MB of VRAM.

In system profile it says it has 512 !? and it was working on kalyway too... than i started searching to find a solution i found some solutions about changing SMBIOS file i tried 5 or 6 different smbios nothing changed also

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: G1 integer>19</product-name

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 CPU T7200 @

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 2.67 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0707251237 (American Megatrends Inc.)

Serial Number: CK034KMHK5B

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0397

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display Connector:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

the smbioses that i tried, couldnt change the model identifier also : i want to change it to mac book pro but it didn't work (But it is not important now)

than i tried to diabolik's plist creator to change the plist's of nvidia files to solve the quartz extreme problem and it didn'T work i tried to use nvkrush than my screen stucks in black screen with mouse pointer on it :/

i think i am over it is not the first time that i tried to use iatkos but it didn't work again If anyone has an opinion about that please share with me...