Help on booting up...

bjh345

3 posts in this topic

I have installed uphuck 1.4 v2 10.4.9 on a seperate hd to my windows (XP) install. 

It all went to plan, and I got no error messages during the install, although when I came to boot up, It went into windows. 

I installed acronis OS selector, and rebooted, and an error message came up saying one of my HDs are not supported. 

My PC specs are:

SEE2 processor

632mb RAM

Intel board, graphics and sound

20GB hd for windows XP (primary IDE)

320GB hd for uphuck (slave HD)

Can anyone help me get into MacOS?

I have so far tried:

-Changing boot priority on my bios to boot my scond HD first, which resulted with a black screen and a flashing underscore

-Acronis OS selector, which didnt recognise my second HD (even though it knows it is there and windows recognises it too in disk management)

-WinGrub, which I couldnt use...

-I have tried chain0, but couldn't figure out how itworks- it is just a 1kb file...

I have heard of darwin bootmanager, but I cant find a link anywhere....

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Use acronis disk director partition utility. Be sure the partition you create for mac is set as Fat32 and is set for primary (not logical). Should be yellow, not purple. Did you do the disk utility during mac installation? Select the mac partition then do erase and and set to mac journaled. Video for dual boot: http://www.streamocracy.com/watch/305d1a6308d2a0cf1c39/Watch .

Thanks for the reply, it put me in the right direction- I had formatted the disk wrong lol

Quick format and re-install worked perfectly- thankyou!

Thanks for the reply, it put me in the right direction- I had formatted the disk wrong lol

Quick format and re-install worked perfectly- thankyou!