DWA-552 issues

ameris_cyning

5 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I am having some issues with my D-Link DWA-552. It does work out of box without patching, but I cannot achieve a stable connection. In OS X, when I ping my router, I see the response times in thousands of ms, if not ever. In Windows, with the same device, it has maybe a 1-2 MS time. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I am using Mac OS X 10.5.4 (Modbin 9.4 kernel).

Thanks!

I already did a search, and everyone who has gotten it to work says that it has no problems.

The issue that I am having is slow ping response in OS X and not within Windows, which, according to my search on the forums, was taken care of in the 10.5.2 update. I have the 10.5.2 kext, and my version is 10.5.4

I already did a search, and everyone who has gotten it to work says that it has no problems.

The issue that I am having is slow ping response in OS X and not within Windows, which, according to my search on the forums, was taken care of in the 10.5.2 update. I have the 10.5.2 kext, and my version is 10.5.4

I had mine working perfectly well the first few days untill I had slow pings, even packet loss.

Then noticed other issues like dropping connections and not willing to accosiate with ap's at all.

These issues start all of a sudden then go away to return later. I have moments it works for a full

week and then give problems for a week.

It seems that the 556 (don't know about the 552) is using only the generic part of the driver because the subsystem id mismatches.

This seems to be the reason of the trouble. Have tried all kext versions but to no avail.

Hopefully 10.5.5 brings a better driver.