[SOLVED]Kalyway 10.5.2 Installation Error[SOLVED]

xeysz

4 posts in this topic

When I am installing Kalyway 10.5.2 I get an error.

It's an error that actually brings up a window during the installation (about the time where it says 30 minutes remaining). The window is fancy, like it's a part of the Mac OS X software (I mean that Apple programmed this error). The error states that it cannot copy or find a file neccessary to complete installation. I actually didn't write down the error but it said something very similar to that. The only option the error gave me was to restart my computer. I tried a few times choosing different drivers and software to install but it did not help. And the error always occurs at the same part of the installation (when it says about 30-35 minutes remaining).

I try to install it under a partition of 161 GB on a MS-DOS (FAT) file format.

I don't know whether this is something system-related or if I burned it improperly/ downloaded a corrupt file.

Any help would be appreciated..

In the error it says that it can't copy the files from "\Volumes\OSX" and I looked into that file on the .ISO and there is nothing in it. I did a hash check and all my files are complete. The hash also matches the one online.

On Disk Utilities the partition would fail to mount as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) so I did it as MS-DOS (FAT) before.

Also I did use Windows Vista on one partition, but some problems happened and I can't boot it now (all my files are still safe, for now). So I reinstalled Vista on my second partition (the one I created for MacOSx86). I tried to repair the orginal Vista installation but it would not work, so I may just copy all my important files over to this partition and turn that one into the Mac partition.

I assumed that was the reason for why those files didn't appear.

And I did get it to work! Thanks so much for helping me! :D

I am running Leopard on a PC which is totally miraculous.. although I did get my hard drive wiped lol, but it was worth it. :D

Also I think everything is working well except for my audio. I have integrated Realtek hardware and I was using the ALC888 driver before. If you could point me in the direction where I can get that then it would be great. Or if there's another way to get the sound working.

One more thing, do you think I should do that combo update to 10.5.3?

Thank you very much!!

P.S. to anyone else who has this kind of problem, my conclusion to it is that at first I was on a MS-DOS (FAT) format for the partition. Installing on a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format will probably solve the problem for you.

Found this link which is great because I also have an Inspiron 530.