can't get past the sleep/black screen after install

marcuscw

3 posts in this topic

hi all i've been tryin to get osx 10.5.2 running on my dell inspiron 640m. I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 install DVD and Gparted Live CD. Everything wen ok, install etc, after install and reboot I get to the grey screen with apple logo and loading thingy and than a blue screen pops up for 1 second and than a black screen, just like in the Getting Leopard Working on Inspiron 1525 topic.

I tried the waiting 11:20min thing but that didnt work for me, so I hooked up an external monitor and hit Fn+F8 to switch to it, the screen appeared but it was all stretched out, so I cant get past the "Create an apple account" part! I only see the upper part of the screen, its stretched out with white lines across it, when I pull the monitor plug out of my laptop, the same stretched out screen appears on my laptop screen for 2 seconds and than it turns black again. The Apple loading screen appears fine though.

Does anyone have an idea what i could try or point me to a usefull thread?

specs:

Processor Core Duo

Processor speed 1.66GHz

Centrino Yes

Amt of RAM 1024 MB

Graphics hardware Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

(screen properties says:

Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset)

lol i'm an f'ing idiot when installing i didnt choose to install the gm950 video drivers... now it works. so if anyone has this problem, when installing the OS choose the right video drivers. it didnt even go black after the apple logo just instantly worked w00h00.