Would this USB wireless adapter work with Kalyway?

Red Rabbit

4 posts in this topic

My laptop currently has an Intel 3945abg wireless adapter and as I'm sure most of you know, that's a no go for a Hackintosh. So, I've been looking for a good, cheap USB adapter and came across this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16833156152

From what I've heard Realtek drivers should work with it, but I want to make sure before I buy it.

Thanks in advance.

Guest BuildSmart

Save yourself a lot of grief, buy a natively supported wireless adapter and stop wasting everyone else's time.

If you have to buy a cheap USB dongle then educate yourself first on how to edit Info.plist files while you research the available adapters before you pick the wrong one and waste money and other people's time.

What I'm getting at, if you need to buy cheap, at least buy the cheapest device that works in OSX rather than the cheapest overall device that does not have any OSX drivers or is known not to work, learn from other people's mistakes and you wont become a casualty yourself.

Oh, and that TrendNET TEW-424UB, there are a couple of different versions of this device, I can get that exact device from a corporate supplier that comes with drivers for Mac OS X while the one from newegg only comes with windows drivers (and may not work in OSX).

Plugging it in and looking at the USB devices in System Profiler can tell you a lot about the device and help you resolve/select drivers but users tend to leave out this kind of information and wonder why no one helps them or the instruction given are for the same device with a different chipset and wont work with their device so they can't seem to make it work.

Bottom line, if it is an RTL8187 or RTL8187B device it will work, if it has another chipset that a driver is available for it will work so know what you are buying.