Help needed cant connect to the internet

manosioa

2 posts in this topic

hi everyone...i'm new here so please somebody help me out...i have installed kalyway 10.5.2 and everything is working fine except my ethernet card...its recognised but i cant figure out the settings i have to make to make it work....i'm using dhcp and it keeps asking for dns server and search domains and it finds automatic an ip and the subnet mask but the router is empty...nomater what i do it doesent connect to the internet...and when i go dhcp ip address manualy then it says connected but again no internet...and when i go all manual still says connected but there is no internet connection...i dont know what ip address for ipv4 and ipv6 to give and subnet mask and dns server and router etc....i've done everything possible thing but it still doesnt give me the internet though it says ethernet connected...

my m/b is "MSI P6N SLI V2",and my ethernet card is "Vitesse® VSC8601",i'm using a router "Level One" Model "WBR-3406TX".

if anyone knows the possible solution or settings or can help me plz answer the sooner possible...

p.s. sorry for my english i'm from greece...

thx in advance...

hi everyone...i'm new here so please somebody help me out...i have installed kalyway 10.5.2 and everything is working fine except my ethernet card...its recognised but i cant figure out the settings i have to make to make it work....i'm using dhcp and it keeps asking for dns server and search domains and it finds automatic an ip and the subnet mask but the router is empty...nomater what i do it doesent connect to the internet...and when i go dhcp ip address manualy then it says connected but again no internet...and when i go all manual still says connected but there is no internet connection...i dont know what ip address for ipv4 and ipv6 to give and subnet mask and dns server and router etc....i've done everything possible thing but it still doesnt give me the internet though it says ethernet connected...

my m/b is "MSI P6N SLI V2",and my ethernet card is "Vitesse® VSC8601",i'm using a router "Level One" Model "WBR-3406TX".

if anyone knows the possible solution or settings or can help me plz answer the sooner possible...

p.s. sorry for my english i'm from greece...

thx in advance...

"i dont know what ip address for ipv4 and ipv6 to give and subnet mask and dns server and router etc.." ... find out what is IPV4, and you possible can copy all the detail from your Windows Network IP Settings ,, including DNS and Default Gateway .

then your internet will possiblity work ...