Dlink DWA-643 Xtreme N Express Card

tigerxp17

4 posts in this topic

I have an Intel 3945ABG inside my Inspiron 6400. So i was bumped down when I realized I was not going to have wireless.

I borrowed and express card from a friend and was eager to try my new Mac (specially now that i can use both cores). To my surprise the express card doesnt work, as the title says is a DWA-643 Xtreme-N express card.

The OS 'sees' the card because it knows is a network controller. However, it also says 'unknown vendor id'.

I have searched for solutions but have come across nothing that might be helpful.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have been doing a lot of serach myself for the last week, tried to solve my issues. I have found from my notes that your card DWA-643 is using Athero AR5418 chip set. Vender ID should be 168c,0024.

Try follow this link with the Athero instructions see if it would help you input the vendor code.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34071

Thanks for the replay pax1234!

When I follow the instructions on the page I get a message that says 'Missing Dependencies" "com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family" "This dependency has dependencies that cannot be resolved"

any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks