Trouble Installing leopard

Barch

4 posts in this topic

Hi there!

well a friend of mine wants to install the leopard 10.5.4

so I have downloaded the "leo4all version 3" and i have tried to install leopard

and the computer freezes after some time, i have tried to change the the BIOS settings but it dont work!

so i am asking for your help so you can tell me what to do.

my friend's specs:

Intel core 2 duo E6600

Asus P5N-E SLI (nVidia chipset)

Asus (nVidia) 8600 GTS

western digital 320 GB sata II

lg DVD burner

2 GB OCZ platinum (2*1GB) 800 MHz

Thermaltek Soprano case.

Thank you allot,

Ben

Hi there!

well a friend of mine wants to install the leopard 10.5.4

so I have downloaded the "leo4all version 3" and i have tried to install leopard

and the computer freezes after some time, i have tried to change the the BIOS settings but it dont work!

so i am asking for your help so you can tell me what to do.

my friend's specs:

Intel core 2 duo E6600

Asus P5N-E SLI (nVidia chipset)

Asus (nVidia) 8600 GTS

western digital 320 GB sata II

lg DVD burner

2 GB OCZ platinum (2*1GB) 800 MHz

Thermaltek Soprano case.

Thank you allot,

Ben

For Intel CPU and nForce chipset MOBOs check out the excellent threads by Mysticus C* http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

Kalyway seems to work for most people most of the time.....since you have an NForce chipset MOBO you cannot install vanilla i.e. stock kernels.......

Or try iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4......See my latest blog entry on how I installed it on a SATA HDD on a 650i nForce chipset MOBO..... :(

If you follow Mysticus C*'s guides carefully they should get you going OK...his guides and updater packages have got me up to running 10.5.4 on a 650i MOBO with a Q6600..... :(

If you need further clarification on each step read the Kalyway 10.5.2 (IMHO the preferred choice because of giving no SUIDs errors) and iATKOSv2.0i 10.5.2 install guides in my blog......Also other forum readers and members have posted saying that it helped them install OS X successfully on an Asus Striker Extreme 680i nForce chipset MOBO.....both Kalyway 10.5.2 (see here posts by icemantaz) and iATKOS v2.0i 10.5.2 (see posts here on pages 81 and 82 by sQuadron)...... :(