OSX86/iTunes not recognized iPhone Recovery or DFU mode

asae

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

am using MSI Wind U100 with Kalyway (10.5.2->5.3->5.4). I got my iPhone recognized perfectly in iTunes (7.7.1) and sync with no problem, however when i put it in Recovery mode or in DFU mode, iTunes never pick it up. Tried to switch to other USB ports resulted the same.

At first I thought that maybe its my iPhone, but when i tested it using my XP partition in the same machine, it works and iTunes pick it up quite fast. So definitely not an iPhone problem nor the USB ports (hardware) problem.

I've also tried to re-install iTunes completely (including cleaning the iTunesHelper and .plists), but still no luck.

So my last suspect is the USB driver in my Kalyway...however, most of USB devices are working fine, USB soundcard, flashdisk, ext. hardisk, I have no problem with hotplug, and the ext. harddisk is running in USB 2.0 EHCI mode already (checking thru the System Profiler).

Weird thing in the System Profiler, "Apple DFU mode" was shown in the list of USB device...so it is actually recognized by the system? is iTunes looking at the wrong status of USB so it does not pick this up?

I've read somewhere that iPhone Recovery or DFU mode require more USB power than normal device, maybe this is the problem? is there someone that have the same issue or know the resolution?

ps. hate when everytime i need to restore iphone f/w then have to switch to XP :lol:

cheers,

asae

Does iTunes show any message?

I also had problem with DFU, it did recognized my iPhone in DFU ,but couldn't update it.

It showed a message sayind that it cannot communicate with iPhone etc..

I uninstalled iTunes and some kexts (AppleMobileDevice etc) and it was fixed.

Intel with Kalyway..