WMP300N?

pablo631

5 posts in this topic

I have the linksys WMP300N and I'm having some trouble getting it to work on 10.5.2 Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have heard that you need the IO80211Family, IONetworkingFamily, IOPCIFamily kexts from 10.5.1 in order for this to work. I have also read that installing those might harm my hack. Does anyone have this working successfully under 10.5.2? If so, how?

Thanks!

Guest BuildSmart
I have the linksys WMP300N and I'm having some trouble getting it to work on 10.5.2 Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have heard that you need the IO80211Family, IONetworkingFamily, IOPCIFamily kexts from 10.5.1 in order for this to work. I have also read that installing those might harm my hack. Does anyone have this working successfully under 10.5.2? If so, how?

Thanks!

That just isn't true, the problem may be the lack of device ID's in the appropriate Info.plist file.

You don't say which version of adapter this is so it's hard to tell you which file to edit since this card has 2 version which uses different chipsets.

Also, rebranding this card will allow it to be recognized and function as a real apple AirPort device offering some functionality not available to third-party devices.

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure what version I have. I checked all the packaging and even removed the card and looked all over the card for a version number. Nothing. The only thing I found was it was manufactured in 0308. Any ideas on how I can locate it?

• 2 months later...