Stuck on black screen with white text, (before the language selection)...

gutrun

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

installing 10.5.2 i am not possible to get past the black background and white text screen.

(......Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08; made by Toh:xnu-1228/Build/obj/RELEASE_I386)

I have tried: -v, cpus=1 -v, cpus=1, -x, cpus=1 -x

I am waiting everytime up to half an hour, is this far to long? How long should one wait?

The thing is that i have tried installing osx some time ago and that was with the 10.5.1. version (giving up later because

i got stuck some place later on) here i had to enter cpus=1 and i came to the language selecton and everything.

I have a:

MSI Megabook GX700 7735BR Performance Edition - Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHz

If possible, I recommend trying a newer installation disc. iAtkos or JaS would be my suggestions.

Otherwise, I recommend going into the BIOS and turning off everything that isn't necessary. Leave XD enabled though. If you get farther or something different, make sure that you are using verbose mode and post the last system message.

theStevo

I don't know your particular BIOS, so I can't truly say. It isn't in any tutorials because it is not a prerequisite to installing OS X. I merely recommend this because it turns off features which may not be compatible with the install disc but may work once installed. It is experimentation, pure and simple. Take note of what you turn off, do some research online about what the options are, and see if that changes the error or fixes the installation process. It is not the most common fix, usually a new installer is, but is sometimes works.

Stevo

Tried I Iatkos v4, and i get some simmilar line:

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlattformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

My BIOS settings are quite limited, I have no options to change the AHCI settings neither any power supplys. I am thinking

of updating my BIOS.

Does anyone know if the AMI 3.19 Bios gives one options in changing the AHCI settings, Power settings etc?

Would it be suggestive to make this step? (i believe this is something you should do with great care)

gutrun