Internet troubles with Kalyway 10.5.2

I3ill

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! :D

I have some troubles with a Kalyway 10.5.2. Everything works well except the Internet. During a download, I have a KP. Those KPs are quiet random, but the more I download, the bigger are chance to get KP (less than a minute). :hysterical:

Fortunately, I do not have this problem booting my installation with a JaS 10.5.4 (rd=diskXsY). My Internet experience is flawless! :D The bad news is that I can't boot JaS on my disk (Still waiting for root device... :thumbsup_anim:). Is that a kext problem ? The main question is of course how can I use JaS to make Internet working on my Kalyway installation ?

Reguards ^_^

Computer :

Intel Celeron D 346

Asus P5P800 SE (Network : Intel PRO/1000 MT)

2 x Kingston 512Mo PC3200 DDR

ATI Radeon 9550 128Mo Mediamax

If you have a fast internet connection, I suggest the latest iAtkos. That should fix both the problems. However, as to the question you asked, it may or may not work taking a new kext to an older OS. Most of the time it works, but no guarantees. Copy IONetworkingFamily from the JaS install to the Kalyway. Be sure to backup and delete the old kext, and repair the permissions on the new.

theStevo

I'll try to copy IONetworkinFamily. Where can I find the Extensions folder loaded while booting from CD ? Should I use Pacifist to get it into a package ? (Cause I had this idea before but I didn't find this kext :angel:)

I hope this will work. Else, I'll try the latest iAtkos. :ninja:

Thanks for your help thestevo ;)

Edit: Found it! :P