OS X on a Asus nova p22 box

DaVinciXL

5 posts in this topic

Hey there.

First: the noob-warning. I spent the last three hours in this forum, trying to find a solution to my problem - without any success, as you might have guessed. However, I'm a total noob when it comes to OSx86 installations. So please be patient and try to push me into the right direction. :rolleyes:

I own a Asus Nova P22 box which runs quite good with Linux - but OS X is what I want. :)

Some hardware infos:

CPU:

Intel Core ™ 2 Duo für Desktop E6320 @ 2x 1,86GHz

Board:

ASUS P5946GZP-DHS with Intel® 946GZ chipset

Graphics:

Intel GMA 3000

HDD:

1 SATA Disk (160GB)

I've tried various ISOs available on the net. Here are my "best" results with two best-known disks:

1. KALYWAY (10.5.2)

If I boot from this disk, I won't get any further than the following boot message (having started the whole process with the tohkernel -f -v option)

"From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID [number]

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string> ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

To me this looks like a minor Problem. Somehow the installing routine seems not to find the DVD. However, I don't have a clue what to change about this.

Any ideas?

2. iATKOS 4i (10.5.4)

Boots right away into a white screen with the Apple Logo in the center under which a "turning circle" is to be seen. This stays the same forever.

Booting with -v option results in a hang-up with the following message:

"MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" had immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style."

Any form of help will be appreciated!

I'll start a second installing session tomorrow and will post about any progress in here.

• 1 month later...