iATKOS v4a PROBLEM!

boyce11

5 posts in this topic

Ok, a hackingtosh noob here.

Basically, wanting to multi boot with linux, xp and osx. have a spare 30gb partition for osx.

Installing iATKOS, come across with the notorious 'still waiting for root device' error.

I have searched for this, but havn't found any real fix. I don't really know anything about SATA and IDE drives.. so a quick insight would be helpful.

any help would be appreciated.

few specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

SSE3 enabled

ASUS M2n4-SLI

2GB DDR2 RAM

Ok, a hackingtosh noob here.

Basically, wanting to multi boot with linux, xp and osx. have a spare 30gb partition for osx.

Installing iATKOS, come across with the notorious 'still waiting for root device' error.

I have searched for this, but havn't found any real fix. I don't really know anything about SATA and IDE drives.. so a quick insight would be helpful.

any help would be appreciated.

I also had problems iATKOS v4a. I've tried many things that people have suggested in various threads, but still couldn.t get past the Waiting for root device.

What I finally did was ditch the iATKOS disk and downloaded and installed "Kalyway_Leopard_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_AMD" then installed "Kalyway_hackintosh_10.5.3_combo_update" then used Software Update to update to 10.5.4.

Everything installed without a hitch using the above method. There is probably a simple way to get iATKOS v4i to work but I could find it.

EDIT: Apple's Software Update will probably not work in your case because you are using an AMD processor and then would not be using the Vanilla kernel which I think is needed to be able to update with "Software Update"