Kalyway 10.5.2 Install Freezes during 'white text' part

SKooT1027

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to boot from the kalyway 10.5.2 cd to install OS X on my laptop.

I have it boot from CD, and then have tried just hitting enter or hitting F8 and -v, and either way it freezes at this line:

"RTL8139::fixEnetFlowControl - Flow Control is Disabled"

It never makes it past that. Any help?

Well it got past there. I got it installed. Now, I rebooted, and it's at the greyish white apple screen, with a loading circle under the apple (same circle as iPhone has for website loading). A small white box w an circle w a line through it come up on the top of the apple, and it's hanging here. Any ideas?

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem. The problem was that it wasnt reading the cdrom drive, notice the cdrom drive, its not spinning or reading when this white box comes. Fix it like this:

Go into your bios and look for something called "ahci" change it to ahci not the default compatibility mode.

If your dual booting to windows 7 windows requires compatibility or it will give you a blue screen of death.

I got the same problem with my new 1 TB HDD.. No one in here got the answer on how to fix it so i ended up solving it myself. Look in the BIOS, for something called "32bit data transfer", and enable that. Mine worked like a charm right after :(