How to revert back to 10.5.3 (vanilla 9.3?) kernel

dealt

3 posts in this topic

Specs:

Processor: Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo, 1733 MHz

Video Adapter: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family (224 MB)

3D Accelerator: Intel GMA 950

Multimedia: Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

• Installed using Kalyway 10.5.2, video (with qe/ci support) and audio working. 2 cores are recognized and working.

• Updated first to 10.5.3 using Kalyway Combo Update. Installed the update package without restarting, then installed kernel package (without selecting any kernel). Reboot.
  • With all the basics (audio, video, network) covered, I continued to update to 10.5.4 using software update.
    • Encountered the 'reboot-loop' issue after the update. I need to boot with 'cpus=1' to for it to work.
    • Modified com.boot.apple.plist and added cpus=1 to temporarily fix the problem

I'm experiencing significant performance issue with using just one core. For one, spotlight response is very slow. I'm still searching for a solution but unsuccessful up to now. Now since my 'old' kernel (after initial install) recognized both cores properly, can I just copy and install them from install dvd? I'm also thinking of re-installing the kernel package from kalyway 10.5.3. Will this work? THanks