[buy] Broken Mighty Mouse

Snakehn

3 posts in this topic

I love the apple mighty mouse overall, just the one thing it bugs me is the scroll ball that gets stuck when dirty.

so tonight i was trying hard to clean it and put it upside down and rubbed it really hard against a sheet of paper in a flat surface, BAD idea, i rubbed it so hard that i destroyed the middle button which sits under the scroll ball, now i have a very clean mouse LOL but with the scroll and 2 buttons only.

so if anybody have a non working mighty mouse feel free to let me know how much you want.

thank you.

hate to say it like this, but you've got one hell of a problem on your hands.

1) the only way into a mighty mouse is to break it. tried and tested. personally.

2) there's only one button inside a mighty mouse. want pictures?

3) the assembly for the scroll ball is held onto the upper part of the shell by 3 small screws. you'll likely need just a whole new mouse if those mounts broke off.

BTW, there's no button under the scroll wheel. its actually free floating.

not to mention apple actually suggests using a lightly damp paper towel or cloth and running it over the scroll ball...not flipping the mouse over (you should see the assembly, its a real piece of work).

yeah i know i have to crack open the mouse and already seen plenty of pics, when i rubbed the mouse upside down, i say the little pieces of the little rubber plastic that i assume is the middle button or "only button" inside.

i finally found the piece here: http://www.welovemacs.com/mightyrlrball.html

even though they are selling the whole rubber ball assembly, is inexpensive anyway.