iATKOS_4i, restart and then waiting for system boot device

hohoo

3 posts in this topic

My DIY configuration is E8500 + 4G Ram + Giga P45 board(GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-DS3R) + 1T SATA(main os) + 160G IDE (some casual data) + SATA DVD drive + ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850

I tried iATKOS_4i. The installation went smoothly after turning on AHCI in bios, otherwise the partitioning won't work in the installation step. After installing the files, the machine restarted. Darwin menu has been sucessfully loaded, I can see all the parition on the disk, then I chose the partition with Mac one. Well....... first time, I was at GUI interface, the system hang up in the gray screen. I saw a "stop" sign. Then no response from Hardisk. Second time, I press esc to get at behind to see what is going on. Then I saw an error at the top screen, reporting the AHCI error. It seems apple can not find the driver, understandable. Then the system seems stuck at looking for the root disk. I saw sth. like "waiting for system boot device".

I will really appreciate your kind help on this. I put the whole weekend on this, no luck so far. Very frustrated and have to go to sleep for tomorrow's work. Someone please kindly help~

I was going to buy the same board but your post made me think again.. I would really like to know how to get this board working.. Can anyone help?

p.s. i think the title must be GA-EP45C-DS3R Thread

1 more thing, are you using ddr3 or ddr2 ram ? because i couldnt find any information to confirm ddr3 works..