Lenovo 3000 N100 Problems...

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have a few problems with a installation of Mac OS X which is the OSX86 version of Leopard 10.5, I think, on my laptop, which is a Lenovo 3000 N100. Not sure about the version number of the Mac OS, but here's my specs and problems:

Laptop Hardware

Lenovo 3000 N100

Intel Centrino Duo T2300 @ 1.66Ghz

120GB Hard Disk (Mac OSX + WinXP dualboot)

SoundMax Intergrated HD Audio

Intel 945G/GL Onboard Graphics

RealTek 8137 LAN (10/100)

Intel 3945A/B/G WiFi

Here's my problems:

1. Sometimes Sleep Mode freezes the laptop after the screen goes black. I'm guessing the kernel has a spaz attack and panics.

2. No sound. My PNP Device ID from Windows XP Pro is: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_17AA2066&REV_1005\4&1F8697C1&0&0001

Even when I look at the settings of the sound device, it says that the hardware is there, but no sound. And it's unmuted.

3. (Minor, but anyway) It won't detect my laptop AC power pack. It charges, but the battery icon stays on Battery. Also, it says "Power Source: Battery" when plugged in.

That aside, it's all good. Keep up the good work, hackers. :rolleyes:

~Coburn 64.

1. It happens... there are sleep kernals out there that might help

2. I tried looking. You need to find out what audio codec the laptop uses. Mine is ALC888. it usually has some numbers associated with it. then google search in the forums, or try taruga's page

3. No idea, I hear this is common with laptops tho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anoyone with working audio on this laptop? Sound card is AD1986A. I tried basicly everything posted about this kind of sound card but nothing worked. Everything else is working out of the box with iAtkos v4i (except sleep). If anyone has any clue about sound please reply. Any kind of respons will be appreciated. THX in advance!

• 1 month later...