Geforce 8800 GT on 10.4.11 XXX

slumberjunkie

1 post in this topic

I tried searching the forums to no avail & I just know someone out there has figured out how to do this but, this is my problem....

I have a P5K motherboard (why oh why didn't I get gigabyte?) well anyways these are my specs

Q6600 processor

4 gigs of ram

Asus p5k motherboard w/o wifi add-on

Dlink ethernet card

Geforce 8800 GT 512mb card

Asus 3600 blue case (love hate relationship with this case even though this info doesn't really matter)

using Parallel ata connection for osx

Okay...I can get 10.4.11 (XxX OSX86 10.4.11 v.2) to install and I can even get to the desktop. But the Quartz extreme isn't loaded. I even tried using the 512 megabyte option on the installer cd. I even tried using Version 0.1.1 (Tiger) from the website and even tried repairing the permissions, even tried installing the application window patch but when I try to reboot now all I get is a hanging verbose screen that ends with Login window application started :)

Now I can get the latest 10.5.4 working on my computer with the graphic card working but the only catch is

I cant use the migration assistant, or a time machine backup because it causes a kernel *{censored}* panic. So Leopard is kinda unstable like the blue screen of death on Xp before the 3rd service pack (Vista runs really nice though... can even run Crysis at high settings and have it minimized in the background to browse the web). I really want to go back to Tiger because it was stable & could run Unsanity shapshifter when I had the 7600 graphics card...come to think of it, is it even possible to have an XfX 7600 graphics card on one pcie slot while the 8800 is on the other one and just switch the cable when I want to run OSX? Thoughts? Anyone? any help in the right direction well be greatly appreciated and so I can stop wasting my weekends trying to figure this all out...I don't have enough money to get a Gigabyte motherboard but ohh boy as soon as I can I'm getting one.