Problem installing Leo4All

Richie D.

10 posts in this topic

OK, I don't know what the problem could be but here it goes: I downloaded the Leo4All ISO (it's the v1 ISO, as the 4.1 release came when I was way deep into the torrent download), and even so, I got the infamous "still waiting for root device" error. I searched for an option to change the SATA to AHCI in the bios, but couldn't find it. The specs are in my profile.

What could be the problem? I checked the wiki and my specs should do just fine. Here a screenshot of the problem (sorry for the blurryness, I took it with my mobile in a rush).

problemtt8.jpg

Update: I disabled ACPI APIC (or however it was, I can't remember) support in the BIOS and it gets stuck in a Kernel panic. Anyone know what the problem could be now?

Should have

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

You have a nForce 4 chipset MOBO so onboard LAN is not going to work.....

Kalway 10.5.2 works most of the time for most people so try that with the following Customize selection initially including default selections EXCEPT for video, network and audio......they can be sorted later

Sleep Kernel

SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC

AMD_1052_Patch_test_1

-legacy flag

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]
Never found that in my BIOS. Additionally, the option to enable AHCI doesn't exist in my BIOS.
ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]
If I leave that enabled, I end up with the "still waiting for root device" error.
ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]
That one is set to S1 and S3.

Never found that in my BIOS. Additionally, the option to enable AHCI doesn't exist in my BIOS.If I leave that enabled, I end up with the "still waiting for root device" error.That one is set to S1 and S3.

OK.....see how you get on with the suggested Kalyway Customize selections...... :P

I'm not even using Kalyway... :)

I mentioned Kalyway because the x86 Wiki has a record of it working with your MOBO.....but by all means, if you want to continue trying with Leo4All, then choose

Kernel 9.2.2

AMD-System-Fix

APIC-Fix

NForce Old

I mentioned Kalyway because the x86 Wiki has a record of it working with your MOBO.....but by all means, if you want to continue trying with Leo4All, then choose

Kernel 9.2.2

AMD-System-Fix

APIC-Fix

NForce Old

OK, now I see the point. I'm downloading it now as we speak, though I'm not exactly thrilled about having to download yet another torrent, given how it's sometimes a real PITA because of download rates. I just hope this will work this time, because I already wasted a week and a DVD-R for Leo4All (though I take the blame for that), and I hope the boot/installation will work even if it's burned on the only blank DVD I have (a DVD+RW to be precise).

So, I installed Kalyway on my computer (yay, I have a Hackintosh now! ;) ) as according, but I have the following problems:

1. My PS/2 keyboard doesn't work, even with USB legacy support turned off (at least USB legacy support makes the boot into OSX86 much faster as I noticed), which means that when I want to do something, I have to cannibalise my mother's eMac and use its USB Keyboard. My mouse works fine though, as it's USB.

2. My Soundblaster card doesn't work, and everytime I try to install a driver I found for it, my system freezes and forces me to a hard re-boot. This problem happens with any installer.

3. I can't change the resolution. It stays at 1024x768, and I want to set it to 1152x864. Also, my card isn't recognised as QE compatible (my specs are in the signature).

4. I always have to boot by entering -legacy in the Darwin boot loader, or else I get a prohibitory sign in graphic mode.

On the bright side, my networking is fully operational with the forcedeath drivers (basically for me, it works out of the box), and I successfully made dual-boot between XP and Kalyway possible.

• 3 weeks later...