iATKOS_4i on dell xps m1330

jaroh

3 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Seems no one would like to answer such kind of question?

Enn, I'm new here and I happen to have my XPS m1330 works under iATKOS_4i. So I think I can reply and hope it's not too late.

I have an XPS m1330, just bought for two months. And I choose it as a substitue of my old Powerbook g4. Yes, as you see I'm not an apple fans and I choose a PC, though I still try to install OSX ont it.

At first I try to install my own retail leopard DVD with the boot-132 cd but failed at a stalled boot screen. So I download an iATKOS 4i, which is said the perfect for Mac-like hardware.

Now it works fine on my m1330, updated to 10.5.5 with vanilla kernel. Dell 1505 wifi and bluetooth works OOB, and after I installed the sonotone's packed drivers v1.3, almost everything goes perfect. I have QE/CI, audio, stepspeed, and sleep. Only the BM5906 lan chip not works. To get time machine working I have some difficulties but finally resolved them by changing my airport as en0. so now I'm enjoying OSX on XPS m1330 and hope you can too.

BTW: My video card is Intel X3100 because when I bought the laptop it's the climax of nv's burning chip affair so i choose the integrated one to save my life. Other hardwares: CoreDuo2 T8100, sata 200G 7200rpm, 3G mem and Sigtel 9288.

hi kuuldor,

i have an xps 1330 too, installed iatkos v4i and worked everything excep sound (9288)., then i use the sonotone pack and all ok.

my problems come when i try to update to 10.5.5, can you post your exact settings? or the detalied process you did?

because sound doesnt work, and keyboard too

thanks