updating 10.5.1 to 10.5.4 on eee pc help needed

steven_s

2 posts in this topic

i have an eee pc 1000H dual booting with vista home premium and kalyway 10.5.1 running. on leopard i have video/wifi/bluetooth but the usual missing lan and audio. i'm completely new to this and i know there have been topics on updating from kalyway 10.5.1 to .2 and so forth but i'm wondering if there's anything specific regarding the eee pc 901 or 1000H since they're the same. i've come a long way to putting leopard/vista dual boot so i really don't want to risk bricking what i have going right now if the update is not 100% guaranteed smooth. I have not modified the bios because no one has been able to tell me if the modified bios will affect my dual boot. if anyone could confirm the usual method is guaranteed 100% working than i'll do it! :( thanks in advance for any help :)

to answer my own question; for those with eee’s with kalyway looking to update with kalyway 10.5.3 updater combo it works. just follow instructions; don’t restart after installing updater. don’t install with new kernal. reboot. hit f8. type update -v. you’ll need to reinstall video drivers. other than it’s perfect ;)

but that's to 10.5.3. couldn't find a kalyway 10.5.4